Saturday, September 17, 2005

I was reminded of this truth recently


Many people are going through tough times right now. Hundred's of thousands are suffering the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. Many people are painfully remembering the disaster of 9-11 today. But even here in our own city and our local community people are hurting. Just in the last couple days i've heard several stories of friends hurting in some way, sadness or hardship in there lives.

I was reminded of how I hold onto the truth that God is ALWAYS near. He is ALWAYS walking with us. Sometimes He carries us through those dark valleys. Sometmes we think, hey where was God in all of that. Sometimes if we look closely we will see where He was. Maybe we didn't realize it but He was carrying us like the poem "footprints" mentions.

I know I need to hang onto this truth when i'm hurting. It comforts me to know that Jesus loves me no matter what. He cares about me. When I hurt Jesus hurts. When I cry, Jesus cry's. He's always at my side.


Place your mouse on the X below and drag to the O.

XEven though you can't see Him, GOD is there!O

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God IS always there. He is the Creator of the universe, and it is always under His control. As scary and perhaps saddening as it is, He knew from the beginning exactly what was going to happen every single day, in every single detail. He is bigger and better than we can ever hope to fathom, and if you follow Him and His son, you have nothing to be afraid of, not even suffering, and not even death, because you have already been promised eternal life in Jesus.

I guess my point is this: rather than asking God why, ask Him what He wants you to do. Become a disciple of love. He knows the why, and though asking why isn't a bad thing, there are simply some times when we aren't capable of understanding. 9/11 and Katrina are probably some examples of those times. Only God knows why, but He is in possession of infinite wisdom. Trust in Him.

Psalm 31:24

 

Post a Comment

<< Home