Give me novacaine!
Give me Novacaine! And give it to me NOW, in large doses!
A special friend listens to that song when she is in pain and I found myself listening to it tonight.
Why, because Im in pain. Not physical pain, emotional pain. See, I have been a parent for over 18 years. I have had the joys of raising my kids with my wonderful wife Diana. We have been so blessed to have been given the gift of our kids. Our daughter is the oldest. As I write this, tears are streaming down my cheeks. She is such a wonderful young lady. And she has grown into a beautiful woman.
So why do I need Novacaine? On Wednesday we took her to school (College). Nothing has prepared me for the pain and sadness I felt when we drove off leaving her there. I can't get her out of my mind She is in a strange place with strange people. I love her so much and I am so proud of her. I just wish the pain would lessen. She has grown up and left the nest. She is opening her wings and flying. It's what parenting is all about. Its Gods plan. But let me tell you, its painful. Its hard to let go. I trust God will guide her and protect her but I miss her so much! And its only been two days.
I will see her soon. And that will be great. I will get over this pain I know. She will always be my little girl. She will always be in my thoughts and prayers. She will always be in my heart. I will never be far away from her.
But it hurts so dam much. I will get over the pain just about the time when I do it all over again with my son Jake. I will feel the pain all over again. I guess its a good thing, but it hurts so dam much!
And so it goes...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home