Saturday, March 06, 2010

What concerns God?

Has God ever placed a thought in your head and then keeps it at the forefront of your thoughts for a few days? You see something during your busy day and it reminds you of that thought, or causes you to think about that thought in different ways? I believe that’s one way in which God speaks to us. God has been speaking to me lately.

I like to think I am sensitive to the down and out in our world. I think God has given me a compassionate heart and I have always been one who wants to help others whenever I can. However, that seems to be what God wants me to be contemplating lately. Am I really doing all I can for those around me who are in need? Do I even see the needs? A favorite song of mine from Brandon Heath “Give me your eyes” speaks directly to this thought. You can watch and hear the music video HERE. This song is nearly two years old and it seems like I have been hearing it played every time I get in the car (Maybe God is trying to tell me something). This past Sunday my pastor spoke on Injustice in our world. The point was that the solution to the problem of injustice in this world isn’t less Christianity, it’s more biblical and deeper Christianity (God speaking again).

God tells us in Matthew 25:35-40 that 'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

A friend of mine is one who sees the needs all around her. Not only does she see the needs, she takes action. She has a heart for and is passionate about helping the less fortunate. She is a living example of what God wants us to be towards those in need. I want to be more like her. Thank you Bev, Love you!

God wants us to see through His eyes. God wants us to see the needs around us and take action. God wants us to be His hands in this world, if not us, then who?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home