God is faithful!
God is faithful!
As many of you know, Diana and I have been in a transition period for nearly a year. After loosing my job of 22 years, we found ourselves wondering what this next chapter of our lives might look like. And to be honest, I was worried! Who’s going to hire a 56 year old IT guy. Negative thoughts ran through my head day and night.
Many many hours, days, weeks, months applying for jobs, interviewing and receiving rejections really worked on my psyche. My tendency to worry over things, kicked into high gear. The discouragement and worry I was experiencing brought me to low’s I had never experienced before. These were the hardest and darkest months of my life.
After seven months of being unemployed, applying for jobs, going on interviews and being rejected, I applied for a job in Montrose Colorado. A job that sounded very exciting to me, in a location Diana and I had been through a few times and really liked.
For most of my adult life i’ve had a desire to work for a municipality or local government in a rural location. I’d wanted to live somewhere were I could know many of the people in the community, work somewhere I enjoyed and could make a significant difference, and live somewhere where I could really enjoy the surrounding outdoors and beauty.
A couple weeks after applying for the position in Montrose, I was offered the job, IT Director for Montrose County.
We made the move and have been here nearly two months now. I could never have dreamed up a job so perfect and enjoyable for me. I could never have dreamed up moving to such a beautiful place and such a nice climate. I could never have imagined NOT having the worry and anxiety that had accompanied me for so many years.
Looking back now, it’s so abundantly clear that God was using this time to mold and shape me, to teach me to trust Him and rely on Him. God was encouraging me and helping me to let go of my tendency to worry and fully rely on Him. Diana was a large part of God's plan to teach me this lesson (Thank you Diana!).
I never would have experienced this incredible blessing God had for Diana and I, had I not gone through this valley experience. I never would have learned to trust Him and rely on Him. God’s fingerprints are all over my life this last year. He had a plan, and His plan was far better than what I thought I needed and wanted.
This experience reminds of an old Reliant K song - ‘Let it all out’
‘And you said I know that this will hurt
But if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse
If the burden seems too much to bear
Remember
The end will justify the pain it took to get us there’
Tears of joy are running down my cheeks as I listen to this song while writing this entry. Take a listen to the full song here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD14sIrLiI8
![]() |
| This picture was taken from the golf course next to our home. |
I look around and I think, this place is amazingly beautiful and I get to live here. This is my life, and I’m loving it!
I thank God for the last several months, the lessons He’s taught me and the blessings He has given me. God is faithful, we just need to trust Him. A lesson I learned the hard way, but it was SO worth it!
Labels: God is faithful


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home